Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
INFORMATICS EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE PAPER
Title: Use of Telehealth to reduce hospitalization of chronic disease patients during Covid-19
The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity to utilize EBP processes to determine a relevant informatics question, conduct a literature search, and systematically analyze and present findings of existing research on a current or emerging healthcare informatics topic or technology.
Then start your search for “evidence” that will be used in your paper. Record your actions using the Database Search Form. Record your action using the table below. Indicate the databases, limits, and keywords used, the number of references found, reviewed, and included in paper along with inclusion/exclusion criteria applied. The result of this search should be a minimum of five (5) primary research articles. This information will help you write the Methods section of your paper.
Informatics EBP Paper: Database Search Form
Student Name: ______________________ Initial
Database Searched Key word(s) Used Limits Used # retrieved # reviewed # used Notes
Individual Evidence Summary Table
Once the database search is completed, students will summarize the selected five (5) research articles on the Individual Evidence Summary Table according to the main topic areas listed on the form. This table should be very brief (1-1.5 page limit) and contain information in your own words about each research article. Bullet points are acceptable. The EBP paper should have a purpose statement and included as this table’s title. Students will use this information to complete the Review of Literature/Discussion section of the EBP paper AND include this table at the end of the EBP Paper (in an Appendix after the reference page).
Table 1: Evidence Summary Table. The purpose of this research …
Authors (year) Evidence Type (study design) Setting, Sample, Sample Size Variables and Outcome Measures Results/ Recommendations Limitations Evidence Level/
NOTE: You can use literature review and meta-analysis studies to support information in the introduction and background sections of your paper, but only single primary research studies should be reported in the Literature Review section. Those five (5) studies are what you should include on the Individual Evidence Summary Table.
The Informatics EBP paper is a 5-6 page scholarly paper (not including cover sheet, reference page(s) or literature review table) written using APA 7th edition professional formatting throughout. Several APA writing resources are available on Blackboard.
Informatics Evidence Based Practice Paper and Grading Criteria
The Informatics EBP paper is a 5-6 page scholarly paper (not including cover sheet, reference page(s) or literature review table) written using APA 7th edition professional formatting throughout. Several APA writing resources are available on Blackboard. Below is the Grading Criteria and page limits for the paper:
Informatics EBP Paper Grading Criteria
1. Cover Sheet (APA format)
2. Abstract (in this order, 200 words or less)
• Brief introduction sentence and significance of topic
• Purpose statement clearly articulated
• Summary of literature search strategies
• Overall findings of the research reviewed
• Concluded with implications for nursing practice or health outcomes
3. Introduction (1 – 1.5 page)
• Introduced the topic and described the problem
• Included background information on the technology
• Discussed why the topic is significant to nursing practice
• Clearly stated the paper’s purpose
4. Methods (0.5 page)
• Identified methods used to search the literature (databases, keywords, etc.)
• Summary of literature volume (number retrieved, examined)
• Literature profile: explained characteristics of studies included and excluded
• Identified total number of studies included in the paper
5. Literature Review/Discussion (2-2.5 page limit)
• Included exactly five (5) primary research studies from peer reviewed journals that were published < 7 years ago • Provided a brief introduction to this section • Compared and contrasted all studies (designs, sample, sample size, measures, p values, statistical significance of findings, decision criteria, strengths, weaknesses, etc.) • Provided an integrated discussion of the studies and their findings 6. Implications for Practice and Conclusion (1 page) • Discussed implications of technology/topic for nursing practice or health outcomes • Discussed overall strengths and weaknesses found in the literature, gaps in existing knowledge • Propose several additional studies that would strengthen knowledge on the topic • Overall conclusion of paper 7. References • Includes five (5) relevant research articles • Includes other appropriate references (used in introduction/conclusion) • Web sites should be limited as sources 8. Review of Literature Table (1-1.5 pages) - Include the Individual Evidence Summary Table created earlier with corrections (where needed). Must be in APA format, Landscape orientation. Table includes The Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Rating Scale. Table’s title includes a purpose statement 9. Literary Form – Double space, Grammar, spelling, citations, cover sheet and reference list in current APA format; logical flow of ideas, well organized and written in a scholarly tone Format: Uploaded MS Word file name is your last name. Length: Each section is no more than 20% longer or shorter than required