Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
A. Choosing the Article: 3 Points
1) Selected an article about a STUDY of a biological /behavioral aspect of human sexuality.
• Use a complete article, not just the abstract.
2) Identify the academic data base used to retrieve the article
i. (e.g. EBSCOhost, Proquest or PubMed, etc) 3) Correct date; published after June 1, 2021
B. Mechanics: 3 Points
1) Critique length: 2 full pages, (no deduction for exceeding 2 pages) (1.5 pages = 1⁄2 pt.)
2) 12 point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced
3) Correct spelling and grammar (-1 point for 4 errors)
C. Article Analysis – Number your sections from 1-10 to answer each question below. 13 Points
1) Summary of the article/study. (1 paragraph, about 4-5 sentences)
a) Define the main question/problem the author/s are studying in this article. b) Briefly summarize their main FINDINGS and CONCLUSIONS.
2) WHO performed and published the study?
3) What type of publication is the article from?
Choose one type: peer-reviewed journal, academic journal, trade magazine, newspaper.
4) Explain how the type of publication affects the validity of the information. (1-2 sentences)
5) Who do you think is the intended audience of this article, and how did you deduce that?
6) Analysis of the methodology (answer all questions below in 1 paragraph): a) What was the sample size?
b) Who was included in the sample? (sex, race, gender, orientation, age, etc.) c) Identify the methods used to gather the information in the study.
o Examples: Case studies, survey (questionnaires or interviews) Direct observation, or experimental method.
d) Analyze the reliability of these methods.
7) ANALYZE the author’s results and conclusion based on the data.
8) Identify at least one critique, author’s bias or validity concerns in the results and conclusion sections.
9) Based on your overall evaluation of the article, does this article provide valid and quality scientific information about a biological
aspect of human sexuality? Why or why not? * this is your educated opinion.
10) What is the value of the article? What does it contribute to our understanding
of human sexuality?
D. Copy of the article – 1 Point
• PDF copy of the full text article is attached.